Let G6 Consulting be your trusted SR&ED Guide. For 13 years, G6 has been helping
technology companies just like you navigate the CRA rapids and safely get your SRED funding,
year by year.
If you want to do your own due diligence, there are several SR&ED guides you can turn to for
information. The CRA puts out a basic SR&ED guide called the Guide to Form T661. The T661
is the main T2 form used to claim federal SRED ITC credits. This guide doesn’t have any
insider information, but it’s a nuts and bolts aid for filling out the forms required to submit a
G6 Consulting publishes a number of SR&ED guides that provide useful background on the ins
and outs of claiming SRED:
1. What is SR&ED? – SR&ED overview. Lots of detailed information in this SRED guide. Do you want to watch a short video about the SRED Program? It’s here.
2. SR&ED Calculator – Find out the dollar value of your potential SR&ED tax credits by inputting your expenditures in our free to use SRED (SR&ED) calculator.
3. SR&ED Eligibility – A look at the Who, What, When, Where and Why of SR&ED Eligibility. Also contains more detail on qualifying work.
4. SR&ED Credits Accounting Treatment – Is SRED taxable? (Yes.) All your questions answered about how SRED impacts your company’s books.
5. SR&ED Examples – SRED project samples from both the CRA and G6. If you call us, we have another couple anonymized SRED project examples that we can share with you.
6. SR&ED Considerations for Engineering and IT – Ensuring that zero ‘double-dipping’ is occurring, capitalizing on opportunities to claim SRED work for US/international customers, and optimizing your software SR&ED claim.
7. Deductions from SR&ED – Things that grind SRED Credits. IRAP, CEWS, Mitacs. Fun fact. Did you know that all provincial SRED credits grind the federal ITC credits that you receive?
8. SR&ED FTCAS – Here’s important reading for all first time SRED filers. Since 2016, all first time filers are visited by the CRA before their claim is approved. Achieving FTCAS status means that your claim has been pre-approved and it will be accepted as filed.
9. R&D vs SR&ED – SR&ED is the portion of your R&D work where you are actively searching and experimenting to overcome.
10. How to Calculate your SR&ED – Step by step guide to calculating your SR&ED tax credits. I get 35% federal credits and 10% BC credits. How is it that I earn over 64% credits on SRED payroll?! Why do I only earn 33% SRED credits on subcontractor SRED expenses?
11. SR&ED as a service – We build your claim, co-ordinate with your accountant, submit your claim and get you your money. 100% customer service focus. No excuses.
Do you still have questions? Or would you like to move forward with putting together a SRED claim for your firm? Either way, call G6 Consulting today.
G6 Consulting can work with you to build your claim, co-ordinate with your accountant, submit your claim and get you your cheque. No cost until you get paid
Check our our SR&ED overview page to learn more about SR&ED and how to qualify
Contact an Expert for a free no obligation consultation to see if your business can qualify
Check out our SR&ED calculator to get an idea of how big your SR&ED cheque could be